- Eat out less – Eating out can cost a lot. If you eat in you won’t have to pay for gas to get to the restaurant or pay a tip. In terms of actual food cost, it’s just cheaper overall.
- Work out and eat better – The healthier you are, the more energy you will have and the better you will perform at your job. It will also improve your personal life (not to mention your sex life). Being healthy can also save you money on life insurance and individual health insurance.
- Improve your credit score – Pay your bills on time and open multiple accounts to get credit history. Improving your credit score will save you tons on any type of loan – home loans, car loans, credit card loans, auto insurance, etc.
- Use discount brokerages – There are a lot of great and cheap brokerages out there that give you access to good research reports, take advantage of them when managing your investments. Don’t use funds that charge over 1 percent annually. The savings you can make over your lifetime can be substantial.
- Cut your technology bills – Bills for cable, internet, and your phone can add up. If they’re a necessity, which phones pretty much are, but maybe you can get rid of cable by going the Netflix route instead, then keep them. If that’s the case, then try to bundle all three of the services together with one service provider. The service provider will likely give you a “triple play” discount that can save you a good chunk of money over time.
5 Easy Ways to Save Money